Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Life in the fast lane....

I spent all day slaving over this excel file-double and triple checking to ensure that I was accurate, because sometimes I know I can make mistakes... New boss said she was going down for coffee and said when she would come back that she wanted to see the list that I was working on. Well before she went down I was just finishing up, but I hadn't created the accurate list as yet! WHOA-naturally you can imagine that this was a boost of energy and determination to get this to her as prompt and efficiently as possible... already having been drained by being a slave to the desk for the day- I had to force myself to go to lunch. I thought I was so dedicated...going to lunch which I don't usually do-I usually just eat at my desk! I thought it would clear my head and allow me to breathe some fresh air....After lunch, I truly believed I had completed an amazing list. I really did- It was color coded and even had a legend-which did not require too much time at all-it was merely trying to present a complete package. You can imagine my dismay-when I presented her my excel spreadsheet-and she picked out three mistakes straight out the gate. I was mortified...and tried my hardest not to make any excuses... but I couldn't BELIEVE for something I was soooooooooo meticulous about for an entire day and then scrambled to create an added list at the last minute from this fabulous foundation that ANY mistake was able to slip through my fingers the way that one did -OR- the multiple ones that slipped through my fingers I should say... Bummer... What a way to end a day that I thought was full of productivity. Back to the grill again...

My boyfriend always shares with me that I am poor at gauging how long it will take me to complete a task. New boss has requested a 100% accurate time for me to submit my tweaks and such-and so I finally listened to my boy and told her 11:00 SURELY... this will be enough time...it better be!

2 comments:

emm said...

hey girlie, let someone else go through your work before you show it to your boss. Its like letting someone else read your paper for school before you turn it in, you always become blind to you own work. It happens.... even to your boss!

Nenygq said...

My dominicana!!! I can't believe you started a blog and did not tell me about it!! I just found it through the comment that you left in mine "sex sells" jeje, that's what I thought too ;) I can't wait to sit down and read ur stories :) :) :) but now I gotta go slave! oppsie, work...muuuuah!