Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Self-investments.

Maybe if I spent half as much time, typing away on my homework assignments as I do on gmail... I'd have my paper done by now. Yea, I've had two weeks to complete, and while I've quite the hectic schedule recently, it doesn't mean I've had to negate my work. It's as though, I purely try to avoid having to do things in a timely and efficient manner, it's like the minute fire is being spit up my butt, is the moment, I finally decide to get it together and pull something out of my ass... (the one I can wipe...right?!)

Most days, I secretly wish facebook didn't exist. I can't tell you the amount of times I click on facebook when I am at my desk preparing to do some work---only to find that I have notifications waiting for me...YIPPEE! and that somehow captures my attention way better than any chart or graph analysis could do for me-amazingly. Maybe...If I invested in myself- on a productive level a little bit more often then my beauty sleep---I'd be a lot further along in my life? Everything happens for a reason though, right?

Its alarming and intriguing at the same time, I have this clear sense of the self, but am often lacking in focus. It says so much about my personality. To be quite honest, I don't actually believe I desire to live a life with a real 9-5 job. I mean, lots of people wish they didn't have to do that, but you do what you have to survive--the thing is, I actually think its unmotivating. HOW though, do you break the mold? I should know this right? Having the ability as a sociologist to look at the world from the outer persepective?

If only life were that easy, if what goes in my head, could actually translate to paper...or even the wind.

No comments: